La Mesa CA residents discover the unique benefits of advanced laser skin treatment
Laser skin resurfacing has long been a go-to treatment for correcting signs of aging, sun damage, and much more. Furthermore, this wonderful technique keeps getting better as technology advances. Here at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic we have a suite of advanced lasers so that you can enjoy the benefits of powerful skin rejuvenation, with minimal to no downtime.
Hyperpigmentation (dark spots)
Age spots and sun damage melasma, brown birthmarks, and general darkening of skin are just a few examples of hyperpigmentation, caused by years of sun exposure. by an excess of pigment in one area. These types of problems are very responsive to laser energy, because skin pigment readily absorbs light energy. However, for that very reason, treatment with harsh lasers can pose a risk of burning or scarring.
We generally use GentleMax Pro laser for discoloration and other pigmentation related concerns. As the name implies, GentleMax Pro laser is designed to deliver maximum benefits in the safest and most gentle way possible. It is low-risk, and appropriate for most all skin types. and tones.
Vascular lesions (red spots)
Discoloration isn’t always brown. Problems such as diffuse redness, port wine birthmarks, and broken capillaries are related to vascular tissue rather than pigment. Specially designed lasers selectively target redness and visible veins.
We often use the Vbeam or Iriderm lasers for vascular lesions. Both are gentle and effective. The Iriderm excels in treatment of angiomas, broken capillaries, telangiectasia, and similar conditions, while The Vbeam laser can effectively treat a variety of concerns including overall redness, angiomas and general facial flushing. stretch marks, birth marks, and general redness.
Aging and sun damage
The hands of time are not kind to our skin. In addition to coloration problems, aged skin tends to lose volume and elasticity, causing it to sag and wrinkle. It often becomes drier and rougher, losing the luminous glow of health. These problems are well known as signs of aging, but they can also be caused or exacerbated by UV exposure. In either case, they can be lessened or corrected with laser skin rejuvenation.
Depending on your concerns, we may recommend treatment with a laser such as the GentleMax Pro, or one of our rejuvenating laser treatments. advanced Fotofacial protocols. Laser therapy can significantly improve a wide variety of conditions, including superficial wrinkles, complexion, texture, dark spots, and more. Our Fotofacial IPL treatments combine RF (radiofrequency) with IPL (intense pulsed light) for overall rejuvenation. and powerful skin tightening.
Cosmetic lasers aren’t just for skin! Removing unwanted facial and body hair can become a tiresome chore at best. It can become an especially serious problem for individuals who are prone to razor bumps, sensitive to depilatory creams, or excessive dark course hair. Not surprisingly, laser hair reduction is among our most popular procedures.
We use the amazingly versatile GentleMax Pro to provide laser hair reduction that is safe for all skin types. With this treatment, the laser is optimized to target pigment with hair follicles. It is designed to damage the follicles so that they are unable to regrow hair. Due to the hair growth cycle, laser hair reduction requires a series of carefully timed treatment sessions.
Patients often ask which laser, or which procedure, is best. There is no universal answer to that question. We do not use any products or technologies that we consider to be subpar. In truth, we believe all of them to be “best,” in the right situation. When you visit our office, we will begin with a comprehensive evaluation and in-depth consultation. Only once we understand your dermatological needs and aesthetic goals can we make a recommendation.
Often, a complete treatment plan involves multiple procedures or techniques. For example, laser or Fotofacial rejuvenation can stimulate collagen development and improve some superficial wrinkles. When combined with RF energy it can significantly tighten sagging skin. However, these devices cannot correct age-related volume loss or soften rigid muscles that create creases in the skin. Therefore, comprehensive facial antiaging might include a combination of energy-based treatments and injectables.
Why choose Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic for laser skin treatment
- Expertise – Our team includes multiple Board-certified dermatologists and other medical professionals.
- Quality – We adhere to elevated standards of safety, clinical excellence, and patient satisfaction.
- Technology – We use state-of-the-art lasers for reliable results with minimal downtime.
Give us a call at (619) 462-1670 and schedule a consultation today.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.
- Kira A. Tellache, PA-C – Performs general dermatology including acne and skin rashes as well as cosmetic dermatology and mole removal.