Dermal Fillers Treatment for Lines and Wrinkles Refresh Your Appearance
Time is not as kind as most women and men wish it to be, and many people don’t age like a “fine wine.” Instead, you may develop premature signs of aging with lines and wrinkles etching your once flawless complexion. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers with our dermatologists in La Mesa can smooth these creases and restore lost volume to hollow areas, such as the cheeks, with instant results.
How Do Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers Work?
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body and is most prominent in the skin tissues, joints and eyes. This compound binds to moisture and provides that supple skin appearance we associate with youth. The body creates less hyaluronic acid with age, allowing lines, wrinkles and skin imperfections to be more noticeable.
Dermal fillers use a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid to restore volume to areas of the face that show signs of aging. The crystal-clear gel of hyaluronic acid injectables acts like your natural stores of hyaluronic acid, maintaining skin hydration. Juvéderm and Restylane are dermal filler product brands that offer a broad range of treatment applications for the entire face.
What Can Juvéderm and Restylane Treat?
Aging skin is one of the most common reasons people seek dermal filler treatment along with imperfections caused by skin conditions, such as acne, or a facial injury, including:
- Acne scars
- Sunken cheeks
- Wrinkles on the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Nasolabial folds that form around the nose and mouth
- Marionette lines that stretch from the mouth to the chin
- Facial scars caused by burns or trauma
- Vertical mouth lines (smoker’s lines)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Under-eye hollows
- Tear troughs
- Thin lips or lip wrinkles
Variations of Juvéderm and Restylane products work best for the mid- to deep dermal tissues, while others work best in the superficial skin layers. The Restylane line includes Restylane-L, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Silk, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne. Juvéderm products include Juvéderm Voluma XC, Juvéderm Vollure XC, Juvéderm Ultra XC and Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC. Each sub-type of hyaluronic acid filler is specially designed for a specific area of the face. Our dermatologists and skin care specialists can match you with the dermal filler that will work best for your cosmetic concern.
Instant Results that Last up to 12 Months or Longer
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers offer immediate benefits with instant results you can enjoy when you leave our La Mesa office. Minimal downtime required, though you may have to follow specific skin care instructions after Juvéderm or Restylane treatment. Some patients may have redness, mild bruising, swelling or tenderness that typically goes away within a few days after injection.
How long your dermal filler results last depends on the product. Some Juvéderm outcomes may last one to two years, while others need maintenance treatments before that time. Restylanefor nasolabial folds may last up to 18 months or 12 months for cheek volume. Facial lines and wrinkles and lip augmentation with Restylane may last six months or more. Our team can develop a plan for your dermal filler treatments so you can continue to enjoy your youthful results.
If you’re interested in dermal fillers, contact Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center in La Mesa. Schedule a consultation by calling (619) 462-1670 or filling out our online contact form.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs.
The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.
- Kira A. Tellache, PA-C – Performs general dermatology including acne and skin rashes as well as cosmetic dermatology and mole removal.