La Mesa area dermatologists describe mole removal
Moles, also called “nevi,” are extremely common. It is not unusual for patients to have anywhere from 10-40 moles on their body. In most instances, they are nothing to worry about. However, when they begin to change, it may be a sign of possible skin cancer. It is essential that patients pay close attention to their moles and watch for any changes. Those who have moles that are growing, itching, or bleeding may want to learn about mole removal. La Mesa dermatologists, Dr. Dean, Dr. Bushman, Dr. Goskowicz, Dr. Crosby and Dr. Shinko Lin can help.
Skin cancer is a serious issue, especially melanoma. The physicians at Grossmont Dermatology recommend patients take a proactive approach to their skin care and visit a dermatologist yearly for an annual skin check. During a skin check, the doctor can evaluate any concerning moles or lesions and discuss removal. Removal may be done for cosmetic or medical purposes. Cosmetic purposes may include if the mole is in a highly visible or embarrassing area. Medical reasons include if there are concerns of skin cancer or if the mole is itching, bleeding, or causing irritation.
In most cases, mole removals are simple and relatively painless.If there are concerns of cancerous cells, all tissueis sent to the lab for testing.
Schedule a Visit Today
Learn about mole removal at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center. Grossmont Dermatology is dedicated to helping others with medical and cosmetic skin concerns. If you are ready to make an appointment and have your moles evaluated for removal, contact our team at (619) 462-1670 for a visit to 8860 Center Drive, Suite 300. Our office welcomes new patients in the area.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs.
The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.
- Kira A. Tellache, PA-C – Performs general dermatology including acne and skin rashes as well as cosmetic dermatology and mole removal.