La Mesa dermatologists explain the skin benefits of microneedling treatment
Conveniently located in La Mesa, CA, the Board-certified dermatologists at Grossmont Dermatology specialize in treating and rejuvenating the skin. With many treatment options available, patients of all ages and skin types can achieve healthy, glowing skin. We are dedicated to offering quality skincare treatments including microneedling treatment for acne scarring and skin rejuvenation.
What is microneedling?
In recent years, microneedling treatment has gained popularity thanks to its skincare and aesthetic benefits. It is also known as skin needling. The procedure has been used to improve the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines and acne scars. Advancements in medical technology have improved the procedure, making it tolerable and effective.
As a minimally invasive procedure, microneedling promotes collagen production. The procedure uses a cartridge containing sterile, fine tip needles in a motorized pen. The treatment can be individualized for each patient. The speed and depth of the needles are controlled based on skin type, texture, and thickness. The needles pierce the skin triggering collagen production as the skin heals itself.
Skin benefits of microneedling
For patients who are familiar with laser treatments for skin rejuvenation, microneedling has several advantages.
- Stimulate collagen production as the skin heals. Microneedling produces a basket weave pattern which gives the skin a natural, smooth appearance.
- Since the epidermis remains intact, less downtime is required, and healing is faster with microneedling treatments.
- Microneedling is used to improve the appearance of fine lines, and scars. Microneedling can improve tone and texture of the skin.
- Although the skin is improved after a single microneedling treatment, patients can achieve optimal results through a series of treatments.
Improve the quality of your skin with microneedling treatments. To learn more about our skincare treatments, contact the Board-certified dermatologists at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic. Call (619) 462-1670.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.