Micro needling treatment rejuvenates complexions in La Mesa, CA
Collagen is the fiber that holds our tissues together, and it is the most plentiful protein in the human body. However, collagen in skin breaks down and depletes from aging and sun exposure. Micro needling treatment stimulates fresh production of collagen, for skin that looks young and healthy. La Mesa, CA dermatologist, Dr. Christopher Crosby explains the advantages of this procedure.
About micro needling
This is a minimally-invasive treatment. First, skin is cleansed. If your skin is very sensitivity, topical anesthetic may be applied. Then the clinician moves a handpiece over the treatment area. It has dozens of hair-fine needles set to a precisely-calculated penetration depth. They create micro-wounds that trigger natural processes. Blood flow increases as the immune system disinfects, and collagen and elastin are produced, contracting and remodeling skin.
After the first pass with the micro needling device, a luxurious serum is applied, the formulation tailored to your skin’s needs. Another pass of the device amplifies the effectiveness of the serum.
Micro needling benefits
Micro needling is truly an amazing advance in skin rejuvenation. It delivers the benefits of more invasive procedures, without their risks of scarring and side effects, and without downtime. Treatment is well tolerated by most patients, with only mild and temporary redness. Usually four to six 30-minute sessions are recommended for optimal results.
Other benefits include:
- Minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Slows formation of new wrinkles.
- Noticeable improvement in acne scarring.
- Penetration can be customized to treat even old, deep scars.
- Reverses sun damage – lax, dry skin, and discoloration.
- Safe for treatment of melasma and other hyperpigmentation disorders.
- Brings a radiant, healthy glow to skin.
- Dramatically improves absorption of topical skin care products and medications.
- Improves the appearance of pore size.
- Because change comes from within, results look natural.
Micro needling rejuvenation is not limited to the face. It can be performed on any area where skin repair is needed, including acne scars on chest and back, sun damage on legs or backs of hands, and stretch marks on abdomen or buttocks.
Call (619) 462-1670 to schedule micro needling treatment at Grossmont Dermatology in La Mesa, CA.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.