San Diego patients with skin cancer can find compassionate, effective treatment here
At Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center, patients in the San Diego area can enjoy quality care for a variety of skin and body concerns. Skin cancer is a serious diagnosis that should not be taken lightly. When patients hear the words “skin cancer,” they often have many questions for their physician. Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment is easier than any other type of cancer. With early detection and appropriate treatment, patients can recover from skin cancer and continue to live a high quality of life.
What is skin cancer?
Skin cancer is an abnormality of skin cells. Skin cancer is often detected during skin cancer screenings or when patients come into the practice with an unusual or changing mole or skin tag. Skin cancer may appear as a non-healing sore. Biopsies are taken and sent to a laboratory to determine if skin cancer cells are present to provide an accurate diagnosis.
What treatment is available for skin cancer?
There are several types of treatment for skin cancer, but our team recommends Mohs micrographic surgery.
Treatment with professionals you can trust
Patients located in the of San Diego area or La Mesa, California are encouraged to take the time to learn about skin cancer diagnosis and treatment right here at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center. Our practice is conveniently located at 8860 Center Drive, Suite 300 in La Mesa and we can be reached at (619) 462-1670. Whether you have already received a diagnosis and are interested in Mohs micrographic surgery, or if you are seeking education or a skin cancer screening appointment, we can help. Visit our professionals today, including Drs. Paul Dean, Robert Bushman, Maki Goskowicz, Christopher Crosby, and Shinko Lin.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs.
The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.
- Kira A. Tellache, PA-C – Performs general dermatology including acne and skin rashes as well as cosmetic dermatology and mole removal.