Treatment Options for Skin Laxity
In the pursuit of smooth facial skin, plastic surgery procedures like facelift and neck lift are the gold standard. But advances in cosmetic medicine have led to the development of non-surgical methods of skin tightening, which produce noticeable improvement with less downtime.
Some of these non-surgical treatments are available with the team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic. Read on as we reveal the most effective non-surgical treatment options for skin laxity.
Skin Resurfacing Without Surgery
Laser skin resurfacing is an incredibly effective way to improve skin laxity without the use of a scalpel. The laser energy heats up the deep layers of the skin and triggers the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that are important to smooth skin and noticeably improve the skin. With renewed collagen and elastin, the treated skin gradually starts to look smoother, healthier and more youthful in the months following treatment.
There are different types of lasers used to resurface the skin. Ablative lasers vaporize the top layer of skin cells, and are considered more aggressive than non-ablative lasers, which heat up the targeted tissue without damaging the outer layer of skin. How aggressive the laser is determines the intensity of the treatment — suggesting what type of anesthesia is needed and how long it takes to recover. Our team can work with you to find the laser skin resurfacing approach that works best for your needs and personal preferences.
Cases of very minimal skin laxity may benefit from injections of facial fillers (such as Juvederm or Restylane). Fillers plump the skin to provide a slight lift in the treated area. Injectables can be administered very quickly and require very little downtime. However, most of the cases we see will benefit treatment with laser procedures.
Contact Our Team Today
The best way to find the appropriate treatment that is right for your needs is to speak with a trusted dermatologist. The team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic can help you review the pros and cons of each option. To request an appointment with our experienced team, please contact us today.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.