What Are the Most Effective Wrinkle Reducers?
Many over-the-counter lotions and potions claim to reduce wrinkles, but few actually deliver on those promises. If you are bothered by wrinkles or fine lines, skip the drugstore products and instead consult with a board-certified dermatologist. The team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic offers a selection of treatments to safely and effectively minimize wrinkles for more youthful-looking skin.
Botox treats dynamic wrinkles, or wrinkles that form from habitual facial movements like squinting or frowning. When injected into specific facial muscles, Botox temporarily relaxes the muscle and the overlying skin looks smoother. It is most commonly used on wrinkles around the eyes, brow area and forehead. The results last three to six months and injections should be repeated regularly to maintain the effects.
Dermal Filler Injections
Dermal fillers help to “fill in” static wrinkles, or wrinkles that form as a result of gravity, loss of collagen/elasticity, sun damage and other factors. Some static wrinkles are deeper and resemble folds more than lines.
Fillers are formulated with substances like hyaluronic acid that volumize and plump the treated area, minimizing the appearance of the wrinkle or fold. Fillers are often used for wrinkles and folds around the nose, mouth and chin.
Depending on the filler, the results can last six to nine months or more. Sculptra is unique in that it actually stimulates the body’s cells to produce its own collagen for lasting results.
Clear + Brilliant is a non-surgical treatment that uses fractional laser technology to soften the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. The laser creates microscopic injuries to the skin of the target zone, leaving areas of skin in between untouched. In response to the injuries, the body replaces the damaged, wrinkled skin with healthy tissue. Treating only a fraction of the skin in the target area helps to speed up the recovery process.
Chemical peels exfoliate the superficial layer of skin to reveal smoother, healthier skin. During a chemical peel, a topical solution is applied to the skin to cause the outer layer of skin cells to slough off. Chemical peels vary in depth to treat different skin conditions.
Contact Us Today
The team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic would be happy to evaluate your particular areas of concern and recommend the treatment best suited to your skin’s individual needs. To request an appointment with our team, please contact us today.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.