When the Masks Come Off: How to Rejuvenate Your Skin Before a Post-Vaccine World
After an extended COVID-19 break, the world is starting to open up again. While we are still some time away from being able to ditch masks entirely, the opportunity to make some modest adjustments to your face before showing it off in public is here.
At Grossmont Dermatology, we have several non-surgical procedures that can help you look great in this post-vaccine world:
If you are like many of our patients, you may have always been curious about what fillers could do for your face, but hesitate out of a fear that your colleagues may “notice.” Now, however, is a great time to give it a try since many of your coworkers have not seen your face up-close in a while.
Fillers serve a lot of functions, and they can help you return to the office with fewer wrinkles and plumper lips. The team at Grossmont Dermatology can walk you through the different filler options to best produce the facial improvements you desire.
In many cases, you need neither surgery nor needles to give yourself a fresher-looking face or fit body. Laser treatments are a non-invasive way to minimize wrinkles, skin discoloration, acne scars and stretch marks, to name just a few.
Best of all, Grossmont Dermatology has no shortage of laser options at our disposal:
- Active FX/Total FX Laser
- Body Sculpting
- Clear + Brilliant Laser
- M22 Laser ResurFx
- M22 IPL Laser
- Iriderm Laser
- Vbeam Laser
We strongly suggest a consultation with our team to determine which of these lasers can best achieve what you are looking for.
With this procedure, a device with a tiny needle repeatedly breaks the skin of a specified area. These pokes provoke your body to produce extra collagen. In turn, that collagen helps to heal and minimize skin damage like frown lines, dark spots (or irregular pigmentation,) enlarged pores and acne scars.
GlyDerm Glycolic Peel
This mild-to-moderate chemical peel relies on a combination of alpha hydroxyl acid and glycolic acid to create healthier and more radiant-looking skin. By gently removing the surface layer of the skin, it does a great job of reducing both acne and signs of sun damage.
This treatment is a good one if you do not wish to give up much of your time. The peel is performed in our office in a matter of minutes, plus you can return to your normal life immediately with no recovery time, provided that you stay out of the sun.
Schedule an Appointment
You may mentally feel like you’ve aged significantly throughout this pandemic, but you do not have to look as if you did. Call (619) 462-1670 to book an appointment with the team at Grossmont Dermatology.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.