Where Is Laser Hair Reduction Most Effective?
Having performed laser hair reduction on many patients over the years, the talented team at Grossmont Dermatology has developed a good sense for which body parts show the best results with this kind of treatment. While laser hair reduction can treat unwanted hair pretty much anywhere on the body, here are the spots we have observed to be most effective:
Considering that many women opt to shave their underarms (AKA armpits) on a daily basis, it is a stroke of good fortune that laser hair reduction is so successful in this location. Treating this area specifically can free up a lot of time and reduce the frequency at which you will need to shave — including in the summer!
Your Bikini Line
It is similarly fortunate that the bikini line generally takes well to laser hair reduction. Bikini waxes are good at removing hair from the bikini area, but honestly how many more times can you envision putting yourself through that process?
Though laser hair reduction is not known for being a painful procedure, patients are admittedly more likely to experience discomfort when it is applied to this more sensitive area. Still, most patients consider it a small price to pay to cut down on even more painful waxing experiences.
Even though hair that grows on a woman’s face is natural, most women will do whatever they can to bleach it or pluck their facial hair. Therefore, it should be a relief to know that laser hair reduction has a lot of success on both the chin and upper lip.
Shaving is a losing game with that kind of hair, which is why it makes so much sense to have laser treatments to keep it at bay as much as possible.
The Lower Half of Your Leg
Because laser technology is most effective at treating coarser, darker hair, it is the hair beneath your knee that will benefit the most.
It is not that upper leg hair cannot be treated, but rather it is not always a sound investment for those with fair hair around their thighs. Considering that shorts and skirts cover this region the majority of the time, you can always touch up this region with a razor ahead of putting on a bathing suit and be grateful the bottom half or your leg is so much easier to keep tidy.
What About THIS Place?
Just because you do not see a part of the body on this list does not mean it is not worth asking about. The team at Grossmont Dermatology has treated all sorts of areas with great results!
Take the guesswork out and speak to our experts directly. To find out whether you are a good candidate for laser hair reduction, contact us to set up a consultation.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs.
The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.
- Kira A. Tellache, PA-C – Performs general dermatology including acne and skin rashes as well as cosmetic dermatology and mole removal.