Why Injector Skills Matter When Getting Botox and Fillers
Botox and injectable fillers are tremendously popular procedures for minimizing fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging.
If you work with an unqualified provider, you may not achieve your desired results — or worse, you may be at risk of complications.
If you are interested in safely getting great injectable results, your choice of injector matters. The team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic explains why in this post.
Understanding of Facial Anatomy
The popularity of Botox and fillers has led to a surge in injectors who took a quick weekend training course to learn about the products. It is nearly impossible to understand the intricacies of facial anatomy and facial aging in a few days. When a provider does not understand the anatomy of the facial tissues and muscles and how it translates to surface lines and wrinkles, the injections can go horribly wrong.
Compare that level of training to that of dermatologists, who spend years learning about common skin concerns and the appropriate solutions. This directly influences the safety and outcomes of treatment.
Injecting Botox and fillers is an art and science. If an injector doesn’t have the right training and experience, he or she may not realize that injecting Botox or filler even a few millimeters too low or too deep can lead to poor results (or worse, complications).
When performed by a qualified injector, the results of Botox and filler treatment look soft and natural. Experienced providers understand exactly how and where to inject Botox and filler to produce the desired outcomes. They rely on attention to detail to avoid results that look asymmetrical, lopsided or artificial.
Qualified injectors also understand how to pick out products based on the specific goal: for example, some fillers stay where injected and others spread. An experienced provider knows the difference and will select the right product for the job.
Contact Us Today
The team at Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic would be happy to go over our experience and qualifications using Botox and fillers. We can also give you more information about how these products can help you look younger and fresher. To speak with a member of our team, please contact us today.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.