Grossmont Dermatology is one of the most trusted locations for Botox treatments in the San Diego/La Mesa area. Botox injections can soften fine lines and wrinkles with results lasting about three to five months.
Injectables are the new way to reduce the signs of aging. We refer to injectable treatments as "new," although products like Botox® have been around for more than a decade. Designed for specific results, this product, along with dermal fillers, can achieve the goal of months-long improvement in the appearance of the skin on the face and hands. For optimal results, products may be combined to meet the unique needs of various types of lines and wrinkles.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a chemical compound containing botulinum toxin that is primarily injected into the facial skin and neck to smooth wrinkles and lines for cosmetic purposes. Botox relaxes the muscle which allows wrinkles to soften in the days and weeks following the injection.
The Benefits of BotoxBotox is commonly used to treat:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
To better understand the many uses of Botox, speak to an expert at Grossmont Dermatology.
You may be considered a good candidate for Botox if you:
- Are in overall good health
- Have wrinkles or lines in places that Botox can successfully be injected
- Set reasonable expectations for what Botox can accomplish
Botox Treatment Details and Recovery
Botox treatments are quick in nature, as it does not take long to inject the compound into your face. Patients may experience minimal and momentary discomfort, but they can easily continue about their day right afterward.
Though patients will frequently see a difference in the days following the injections, the full effect of Botox will gradually appear over the course of a week or two. These results will typically last about three to five months, at which point further injections will be necessary to maintain the desired effect.
The Cost of Botox
The cost of the procedure depends greatly on the area of the face you want to treat and how much Botox is necessary to achieve the desired look.
Grossmont Dermatology regularly offers discounts on Botox treatments, so be sure to check out their monthly specials. Additionally, financing options through "Care Credit" are accepted at Grossmont Dermatology.
Why Should You Choose Grossmont Dermatology for Botox?
Plenty of places offer Botox, but not all of them have the same standard of care as we do. When you come to Grossmont Dermatology, you will be in the hands of certified specialists who are experts at Botox and know precisely where to inject for the most desirable effect.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center Staff
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, and skin cancer surgery and Botox treatments.
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.