Injectables are the new way to reduce the signs of aging. We refer to injectable treatments as "new," although products like Botox® have been around for more than a decade. Designed for specific results, this product, along with dermal fillers, can achieve the goal of months-long improvement in the appearance of the skin on the face and hands. For optimal results, products may be combined to meet the unique needs of various types of lines and wrinkles.
Botox®The original injectable anti-aging treatment, Botox® has been proven safe and effective through extensive use around the world. Treatment takes a few minutes, and produces a relaxing effect that rejuvenates the upper areas of the face, including the eyes, brows, and forehead, for up to six months.
Botox® works by inhibiting the signals from the brain to certain muscles. Because our clinicians have been fully trained and have years of experience, there is no need to worry that your face will look “frozen” by Botox®. Very small amounts are injected into specific muscles. Although the skin may appear smoother immediately after treatment, the real results become more evident over the course of 1-2 weeks and can last up to 3 months. Whether it is a lifted brow or wrinkle reduction that you need, you can maintain results with follow-up treatments.
Juvéderm® - Juvéderm Voluma XC®The Juvéderm® family of dermal fillers has been built upon the efficacy of hyaluronic acid as a “volumizing” substance. Because hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body, there is no risk of allergic reaction, or any need for allergy testing prior to treatment. Juvéderm® products are also made with innovative cross-linking technology that gives them the necessary bulk to achieve the desired outcome. Juvéderm Voluma XC® has been developed to restore volume to the cheeks. Results from Juvéderm® treatment may last up to nine months.
Sculptra®Sculptra® is the go-to wrinkle-reducing and skin rejuvenating treatment for men and women who want to address the signs of aging and especially the hollow appearance that comes from volume loss in the face. Sculptra® is considered more of a volumizer than a filler. Instead of directly “filling” the skin, its active ingredient, poly-L-lactic acid stimulates cells to produce more collagen, which supports the skin from the inside out. Results appear over the course of treatment, which typically involves two to three visits over a few months. The improvements achieved with Sculptra® can last up to two years.
Our staff uses expert techniques to reduce the signs of aging, which can help you feel your best. Call (619) 462-1670 to learn more.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Sam Khalifian, MD – Specializes in adult and pediatric autoimmune connective tissue disease, skin cancer and melanoma treatments, hair loss disorders, and cosmetics.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.