Our trained esthetician team performs microdermabrasion and peels to exfoliate the skin and enhance your natural glow.
MicrodermabrasionMicrodermabrasion has been widely requested for several years, and for good reason. With this controlled exfoliation procedure, it is possible to:
- Unclog pores and refine their appearance
- Rejuvenate the tone and vibrancy of the skin
- Maximize absorption of topical solutions
- Soften the texture of the skin to a more youthful suppleness
How microdermabrasion worksThe 30-minute procedure loosens the top layer of skin cells with a wash of fine crystals directed by a small hand piece. These crystals, along with dead, damaged skin cells, are immediately suctioned away from the surface and captured in the device. This comfortable procedure can be performed periodically as a complement to a healthy skin care program.
Deluxe MicrodermabrasionIn addition to our basic 30-minute microdermabrasion treatment, we also offer deluxe microdermabrasion. This 60-minute treatment involves microdermabrasion exfoliation followed by a hydrating mask and paraffin hand dip.
DermaplaningAn efficient method of exfoliation, dermaplaning involves the removal of superficial skin cells with a sterile instrument. One of the notable benefits of dermaplaning is that the fine hair on the face, called “peach fuzz,” is also removed. Dermaplaning is precise and gentle, taking less than thirty minutes. There is no downtime after treatment, and the procedure may be performed monthly. In addition to smoothing the skin, dermaplaning facilitates maximum absorption of topical ingredients.
Micro-Needle TherapyMicroneedling is an innovative treatment that is intended to minimize the appearance of brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and acne scarring. The comfortable procedure takes only a few minutes, and does not require downtime. Most patients experience only mild redness that lasts a few hours. Following micro-needle therapy, cells beneath the surface increase their production of collagen, which may also have a tightening effect on the skin.
PeelsWe are happy to offer an array of chemical peels that can be customized to your unique needs.
- The glycolic peel lifts dull, dry cells away from the skin's surface using gentle ingredients. This light exfoliation promotes collagen and elastin production, which diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as pigment concerns. Typically, a glycolic peel does not invoke extensive flaking. It leaves your skin with a radiant, healthy glow.
- The lactic acid peel promotes smoother, softer, clearer skin by removing surface cells and facilitating moisture retention. This peel helps to minimize concerns such as enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines. No downtime is required.
- The pumpkin peel exfoliates more deeply via a combination of glycolic and lactic acids, which penetrate the pores to encourage cell renewal. The delivery of antioxidants and vital nutrients reduces the appearance of sun damage and fine lines, and improves the texture of the skin.
- The salicylic peel is ideal for those who are prone to acne or clogged pores. The rapid exfoliation of epidermal cells opens pores and improves the appearance of scars and pigmentation.
- The vitamin C peel is an intensive treatment that hydrates, smooths, and brightens damaged skin. The influx of antioxidants and vitamins into the skin reduces inflammation and promotes a healthy, beautiful glow.
- Our refreshing peel was developed by our team of Board-certified dermatologists. The solution offers maximum improvement with minimal downtime. Our formulation can reverse sun damage, minimize superficial wrinkles, reduce blackheads and acne blemishes, and reduce stubborn hyperpigmentation. The reduction of sun-damaged cells improves skin health. Due to the potency of this formulation, mild to moderate peeling may occur over three to five days.
Not sure what you need?Our experienced esthetician is here to help you discover the best way to reveal vibrant, healthy skin. Call our office at (855) 977-4949 to schedule a personal consultation.
*Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Grossmont Dermatology Medical Clinic and Skin Cancer Treatment Center
Grossmont Dermatology is committed to providing patients with excellent quality skin treatments to help them preserve their youth. They use the latest technologies and treatment modalities to provide patients with the most effective services suiting their individual needs. The team of professionals at the practice comprise:
- Christopher Crosby, MD, PhD, FAAD - Specialist in Mohs surgery and reconstructive dermatologic surgery for skin cancers.
- Paul B. Dean, MD, MPH, FAAD – Specializes in general dermatology, mole and lesion removal, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and skin cancer treatments.
- Maki Christine Goskowicz, MD, FAAD – Expertise includes general and laser dermatology, and skin cancer and melanoma treatments.
- Shinko Lin, MD – Specializes in general, cosmetic and laser dermatology, skin cancer treatments, and PDT.
- Helene Jolly, PA-C, MPAP – Performs cosmetic dermatology, acne and skin rash treatments, and mole removal among other tasks.